Writing, editing and media relations
I have 17 years' experience of producing successful communications for arts, education, voluntary sector and blue-chip organisations, and currently look after media relations for the Royal Pavilion & Museums, Brighton & Hove. I recently managed marketing for City College Brighton and Hove, and media relations for Manchester arts centre Cornerhouse.
- To learn more about my media relations work, including press roles at The University of Manchester, click here.
- For examples of my feature-writing, click here.
- To view communications collateral I have written/edited/produced, click here.
For further information on my communications experience, please visit my LinkedIn profile.
“Jo is a first-class communications professional who has worked with the University on a wide variety of publications, PR campaigns and comms projects. She has excellent project management skills and understands the importance of targeted and cost-effective communications, that meet the needs of the commissioning organisation and its key audiences.”
- Alan Ferns, Director of Communications, Media and Public Relations, The University of Manchester.
"Jo was responsible for writing and editing all the material associated with our work during our first two years, and we put a good share of its continuing success down to her skills."
- John McAuliffe, co-director, Centre for New Writing, The University of Manchester.
“Jo Nightingale is astonishingly energetic, and her approach to all aspects of media relations is savvy and intelligent.”
- M.J. Hyland, novelist.
“Jo brings us ideas aplenty, from the arts to regeneration to lifestyle. She backs them up with good, clean, intelligent copy – and always on time.” - Kevin Gopal, Editor, Big Issue in the North.
To discuss your writing, editing or PR needs, please contact me on email@example.com.